Monday, September 13, 2010

A Piece of My Past

Hiya guys! I hope this blog post finds all of you feeling great, grand, and groovy! So I was thinking today, reminiscing if you will, about the older days! Ya know, the times in middle school and high school that were totally awesome! Well, mine were anyway, which I mostly attribute to my close friends. What spurned on the sudden interest in taking a stroll down memory lane, you ask? I was checking my Formspring. In my inbox, someone had asked me the question: "Who was your best friend in school?" You know, I had a good many friends in school, and I didn't even have to think about who it was. Of course I fleshed out the answer on Formspring because, if you guys haven't figured out by now, I like talking! So I wanted to take a few minutes and talk about my best friend in my school days. :o)
Out of any of the friends in school I made, none could hold a candle to my friend Luke. I'm not real sure why I wound up calling him Luke, because everyone else calls him Lucus, but he'll always be Luke to me! He and I started hanging out my 6th grade year in Mrs. Betsill's 4th period English class. I'm not really sure how it happened. I think we were Agenda signing partners or maybe got paired together on a paper. Anyway! We clicked pretty well. I can remember during the summer us calling each other and, literally, staying on the phone for HOURS. To the point that I could switch from a cordless phone, to the corded phone, and then back to the cordless phone after it had built back up a full charge. I can remember sitting up on the roof at night chatting with him on the phone, and I can even remember him riding the bus to my house around 7th and 8th grade year. Those were good times! When I got my first job, and we didn't have any classes together anymore, he'd come visit me for lunch on the weekends. I always looked forward to them! He was someone that I knew I could confide anything in and I could completely trust him. I think we talked about EVERYTHING! Such fun!
That was then, and this is now. Now we're both busy, but we keep up with one another via the glorious mediums of Twitter and Facebook! Sometimes we even hang! I can honestly say he's my favorite lunch buddy ever! Wish there was more time to spend with him! He's definitely one of the people that I count among my lists of blessings. Love ya, Luke!
Till next time guys!

2 comments:

  1. I just wanna say that your blog made me smile and feel really great! I'm so glad that we're still friends and I really look forward to our next lunch!!!

    <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Glad I could make you smile! I'm glad we're still friends too, and ditto about the lunch!

    <3 you too! :o)

    ReplyDelete